Wearing cowboy boots is a fashion statement. Although many people choose cowboy boots because of their comfort and durability, being a fashionable item is the main reason why cowboy boots for women are chosen more often over other stylish pairs of shoes.
However, it is important to remember that just because it is fashionable does not mean it can be used anytime, under any circumstances. You also need to make sure you are wearing your boots with the right combination of clothes; else it would look less fashionable than you expect.
Here are some reminders as to when to use your boots.
1. Wear them with the right color combination. Leather boots nowadays come in different colors. Aside from the typical brown and black, they also come in red, green, white and more.
2. Use the right type at the right occasion. Some boots for women are manufactured for a specific purpose – some are for bike riding, while some are for trekking. These types have thicker soles and are more focused on comfort, fit and durability other than style. Women’s boots that are worn for style have higher heels and have intricate designs, so do not confuse them with the other styles.
3. Choose a boot style that you are comfortable with. Even if you choose a highly stylish pair of cowboy boots, if you are not confident in wearing them, then it will be useless.
Now here are some tips when not to use your boots.
1. Do not stereotype cowboy boots with the ranch-style fashion. These boots are not created for use as costumes for cowboy or Western themes; rather these are created for style and as fashion statement. You have to wear them as an outfit with other clothes like dresses and jeans, not just with checkered tops and cowboy hats.
2. Do not overdo it. They are a fashion statement all on their own – you should wear something simple when wearing them. Some boots for women are embroidered with designs while others come in different cuts; hence they are fashionable already. If you wear something fashionable over it, that would be too much.
3. Do not overuse them. Creating a fashion statement is fine, just do not wear them everyday. A fashion statement will no longer be a statement if it becomes too common.
Cowboy boots for women is an investment that you should not miss. High-quality boots, although expensive, can last for three to six years, maybe even more, depending on the care that you exercise on your shoes.